Confusing description of coordinate system

Hi,
See the screenshot and the selected text:

will measure the distance along each axis to the exact center of the table. We can see that the first table is five units to the right and three units upwards from the origin. This relationship is shown by the red dashed lines. The green dashed lines show the same relationship. From the origin of our coordinate frame, the table center is three units upwards and five units to the right.

I think, that center of one of the table is at (5.5, 4.5), the other is at (3.5, 3.5), and what the text describes (5, 3) does not belong to any table.

For me, the picture and the description together does not make sense.

Can you correct it?

Thank you in advance
Péter

Hey Peter,
It seems that they referring the white circular object as the table, not the square boxes. If you consider the square shaped boxes then you are right, but here if you look closely you will see that the white thing has it’s center exactly at (5,3) location. So if you take this thing as a circular ‘table’ then the description matches with the picture, but again they shouldn’t have written ‘one of the tables’ it does sound confusing then.

Regards,
Arif

Hi Arif,

Maybe. But in the next paragraph the material referring to the table like this:

So I think, that the table is the square-thing with wooden material.
I do not know what is that circular thing.

Anyway, the issue is not big, every adult person know what a coordinate system is. But if it is explained in the material, then it is better to have a good explanation than a confusing one.

Péter

@peterborkuti @Arif17

Thanks for putting this on the table. The Courses Team will review it and update the material accordingly.

Hi , We remade this unit for the humble version, because it was too confusing and not that nice as first unit :wink:

Here is now how it is in humble:

Thanks a lot for all of you for reporting these issues :wink:

Hi, I thank you the very good material.
These nuances what I found are nothing.

Péter

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.