Course work(summit xl) issues

HI, I am having a couple strange issue on this chapter:

1 - unlike the other chapters, the rviz showsup on GUI automatically without me starting one on any terminal, and if I close the rviz it would also force the sim and terminals to reconnect.

2 - the laser & pose array often show weird jiggering with the following errors:
Transform [sender=unknown_publisher]
For frame [map]: No transform to fixed frame [summit_xl_a_odom]. TF error: [Lookup would require extrapolation into the future. Requested time 153.751000000 but the latest data is at time 153.072000000, when looking up transform from frame [map] to frame [summit_xl_a_odom]

Any idea if I had messed up some setting or its a bug in the coursework setup? would appreciate some help so that i can carry on the coursework~

Hello @hammer,

Yes, you are right. In this simulation Rviz is launched by default and it may cause some problems (when closing it for instance). Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to fix this until Monday (at least). So, in the meantime, this is what I suggest you to do:

• Ignore the 1st Rviz window that appears by default: do not close it, just leave it there.

• Whenever you want to work with RViz, just launch a new Rviz window from the WebShell and work on this one (instead of the one that is launched by default).

I’ve been doing some tests like this, and everything should work fine.