Daruma Not Spawning

Hello, I started on the Basic Arm Kinematics (Master) course and in unit 2 the Daruma, used to illustrate a rigid body never spawned so you cannot really do anything.

Hi,

You mean in RVIZ you cant see it or in the simulation? Because its not intended to spawn in the simulation, but only in the RVIZ visualization.

So I suppose you mean in the RVIZ? Right? Please confirm that. If so, could you state here the launches you execute and any error in the terminal it might appear?

Hello, yes I cannot see it in RVIZ. This RVIZ instance is launched by the system when I open unit 2, and I can confirm it is daruma.rviz, but there is no visualization. There is a warning “For frame [daruma]: Fixed Frame [world] does not exist” and on RVIZ all I see is a single coordinate frame.

Hi,

After testing it. The daruma will only appear when we start publishing its TF, so , you will see it when you execute the script :slight_smile:

rosrun kinematics_basic_concepts rotate_daruma.py

And hit enter the first time. Then the TF of daruma will be published and it will appear in RVIZ.

I’ll correct the notebook to correct this.

To force the daruma appear , just publish this in the topic /rigid_body

rostopic pub /rigid_body visualization_msgs/Marker "header:
seq: 0
stamp: {secs: 0, nsecs: 0}
frame_id: ‘world’
ns: ‘’
id: 0
type: 10
action: 0
pose:
position: {x: 0.0, y: 0.0, z: 0.0}
orientation: {x: 0.0, y: 0.0, z: 0.0, w: 1.0}
scale: {x: 1.0, y: 1.0, z: 1.0}
color: {r: 0.0, g: 0.0, b: 0.0, a: 1.0}
lifetime: {secs: 0, nsecs: 0}
frame_locked: false
  • {x: 0.0, y: 0.0, z: 0.0}
    colors:
  • {r: 0.0, g: 0.0, b: 0.0, a: 0.0}
    text: ‘’
    mesh_resource: ‘package://daruma_description/meshes/daruma.dae’
    mesh_use_embedded_materials: true"

In the notebook it has been corrected , please hit CTRL+SHIFT+R to reload you browser page without cache

Great that works for me, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.