Error rosbridge manipulation moveit

hello. im in execrise chapter 2 (manipulation moveit)
when i try to source the files:

source install/setup.bash

i got this error:

ROS_DISTRO was set to 'foxy' before. Please make sure that the environment does not mix paths from different distributions.
ROS_DISTRO was set to 'noetic' before. Please make sure that the environment does not mix paths from differentdistributions.

can anyone help me to solve this?
thank you very much.

Hi @Scotvers ,

THIS IS NOT AN ERROR !!!

It is just a WARNING that informs you that the ROS_DISTRO environment variable was changed. And what the value was before.

I am assuming you are using ROS2. Please be aware that every time you want to execute a ROS2 package, you need to source ROS2 version by doing source /opt/ros/foxy/setup.bash. This will produce that warning message. It is to inform YOU (@Scotvers ) that the environment is now setup for ROS2.

Resetting the simulation will not solve this. As I said earlier, THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM !!!
Resetting simulation is also not a solution.

At this point I am presuming that you have never worked on ROS2 environment - either through ROS2 in 5 Days course or by physical work in your own computer/laptop.

I would like to suggest that you take a quick glance at the ROS2 Basics in 5 Days course - either C++ or Python - whichever language you prefer - and understand the basic environment of ROS2. Please stop working on ROS2 Manipulation course for a short while. Come back to the course after taking a ROS2 refresher.

I did not mean to discourage you. Please do not mistake me.
This is a very newbie mistake - which clearly shows that you had no prior experience in ROS2 environment.

Sincere Regards,
Girish