Error with sourcing "simulation_ws/install/setup.bash" in ROS2 Basics (C++) Course Rosject

I am working on the Rosject for ROS2 Basics (C++) Course. The very first step states to type this in the terminal window: source ~/simulation_ws/install/setup.bash
After typing this, the following error message is shown:

After launching the simulation with ros2 launch turtlebot3_gazebo main_turtlebot3_lab.launch.xml, a bunch of errors come up relating to missing robot models:

And when the simulation loaded, the robot seems to be missing a lot of textures:

I am unsure if the missing model config errors when launching the simulation and the robot missing textures are related to the first issue of sourcing the setup.bash, so I would like to figure out that first issue first. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, those errors do not affect the simulation. I’ll deactivate the verbose to avoid confusion.

If you fork a new rosject copy, those messages should be gone.

Remember to download any packages you might already have in the previous rosjects so you can upload them to the new copy if so.

Thanks @roalgoal. I still think there is a problem with sourcing ~/simulation_ws/install/setup.bash. It looks like local_setup.bash is not found in the ros2_ws.

I’m having a different issue. The verbose it fixed but i get an error running the teleop.

user:~$ ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/ros/foxy/lib/teleop_twist_keyboard/teleop_twist_keyboard", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('teleop-twist-keyboard==2.3.2', 'console_scripts', 'teleop_twist_keyboard')()
  File "/opt/ros/foxy/lib/python3.8/site-packages/teleop_twist_keyboard.py", line 138, in main
    pub = node.create_publisher(geometry_msgs.msg.Twist, 'cmd_vel', 10)
  File "/opt/ros/foxy/lib/python3.8/site-packages/rclpy/node.py", line 1140, in create_publisher
    check_for_type_support(msg_type)
  File "/opt/ros/foxy/lib/python3.8/site-packages/rclpy/type_support.py", line 20, in check_for_type_support
    ts = msg_type.__class__._TYPE_SUPPORT
AttributeError: type object 'type' has no attribute '_TYPE_SUPPORT' This might be a ROS 1 message type but it should be a ROS 2 message type. Make sure to source your ROS 2 workspace after your ROS 1 workspace.

Hi @Frix, welcome to the community!

The issue you are seeing is not related to a simulation, but rather the teleop_twist_keyboard

The error message suggests the terminal where you are running that program has sourced ROS 1 (noetic) rather than ROS 2 (foxy). These distributions are both installed in the project rosject.

What you need to do is simply run it in a new terminal. By default, Foxy is sourced.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.