Exercise 5.2.1 -- where is robot_management package?

when attempting to catkin_make exercise 5.2.1, I get the following error:

/home/user/catkin_ws/src/laser_reader/src/laser_reader.cpp:1:10: fatal error: robot_management/laser_turtle.h: No such file or directory
    1 | #include "robot_management/laser_turtle.h"

My (limited) understanding is that this means that the robot_management package is missing.

I tried rosls command to see which packages are installed, but the command is not available.

I also added <depend>robot_management</depend> to the package.xml file and executed rosdep update in the catkin_ws directory to see if that would install the missing package. It didn’t work either.

Could someone give a hint (or two) on how I could resolve this error ?

Hi @versavel,

this robot_management package indeed does not exist.

It may be a failure in the way we provided the instructions. The instructions say that we have to create a package named laser_reader, and there we put the files laser_reader.h and laser_reader.cpp

Then it says that we use the laser_reader.h and laser_reader.cpp files as templates.

The key word here is “templates”, which means these files work as “templates/models/directions/examples”.

So, you have to modify the cpp file to include the laser_header/laser_header.h file instead of robot_management/laser_turtle.h.

I hope you can understand it better now.

#KeepPushingYourROSLearning

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.