Exercise 5.2: Unable to connect to move_group action server 'move_group' within allotted time (5s)

Hello,

I’ve reached a problem while programming exercise 5.2. As you can see in the screenshot, i followed each step to create a new package. launch file is shown in another picture. But Errors go out under

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/catkin_ws/src/my_motion_scripts/src/planning_script.py", line 14, in <module>
    group = moveit_commander.MoveGroupCommander("arm")
  File "/opt/ros/noetic/lib/python3/dist-packages/moveit_commander/move_group.py", line 53, in __init__
    self._g = _moveit_move_group_interface.MoveGroupInterface(name, robot_description, ns, wait_for_servers)
RuntimeError: Unable to connect to move_group action server 'move_group' within allotted time (5s)
[planning_scripts_node_launch-1] process has died [pid 10388,exit code 1, cmd /home/user/catkin_ws/src/my_motion_scripts/src/planning_script.py __name:=planning_scripts_node_launch __log:=/home/user/.ros/log/0ffb38d6-7350-11ee-a01a-0242ac1c0006/planning_scripts_node_launch-1.log].
log file: /home/user/.ros/log/0ffb38d6-7350-11ee-a01a-0242ac1c0006/planning_scripts_node_launch-1*.log"

Exercise 5.1 went well from my project(where python file location is directly under /src )

Can you help me and explain this error, thanks

Hello @sun_ner ,

Well, it seems your program is not able to connect with the move_group node. Have you launched your Moveit package in another Shell before running this program?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.