Fail: ABORTED: No motion plan found error

In unit 5 perform motion planning programmatically,( in the course ROS Manipulation in 5 Days), Everything works well when i am using the Moveit GUI, and both the Moveit Simulator and Gazebo simulator robot respond to it, moving in sync.

Yet when i try to move the robot in Moveit Simulator through a python program as part of the , i get the following error. The program worked once but ever since then its been giving the following errors:

[ INFO] [1640947527.807267859, 553.643000000]: Ready to take commands for planning group arm.
[ WARN] [1640947532.854744561, 556.574000000]: Fail: ABORTED: No motion plan found. No execution attempted.
[ WARN] [1640947535.793857160, 558.405000000]: TF_REPEATED_DATA ignoring data with redundant timestamp for frame base_link at time 558.406000 according to authority unknown_publisher

Program file:

#! /usr/bin/env python

import sys
import copy
import rospy
import moveit_commander
import moveit_msgs.msg
import geometry_msgs.msg

moveit_commander.roscpp_initialize(sys.argv)
rospy.init_node('move_group_python_interface_tutorial', anonymous=True)

robot = moveit_commander.RobotCommander()
scene = moveit_commander.PlanningSceneInterface()    
group = moveit_commander.MoveGroupCommander("arm")

display_trajectory_publisher = rospy.Publisher('/move_group/display_planned_path', moveit_msgs.msg.DisplayTrajectory, queue_size=1)

pose_target = geometry_msgs.msg.Pose()
pose_target.orientation.w = 1.0
pose_target.position.x = 0.96
pose_target.position.y = 0.9
pose_target.position.z = 1.5
group.set_pose_target(pose_target)

plan1 = group.plan()

rospy.sleep(5)

moveit_commander.roscpp_shutdown()

Launch File

<launch>
<!-- fetch_moveit_config_files is the name of the package created by Moveit -->
<!-- rbkairos is the name of the robot or namespace, so make sure that you change it to the namespace thats in use -->

<include file="$(find fetch_moveit_config_files)/launch/planning_context.launch" >
    <arg name="load_robot_description" value="true" />
  </include>

<node name="joint_state_publisher" pkg="joint_state_publisher" type="joint_state_publisher">
    <param name="/use_gui" value="false"/>
    <rosparam param="/source_list">[/joint_states]</rosparam>
  </node>

<include file="$(find fetch_moveit_config_files)/launch/move_group.launch">
    <arg name="publish_monitored_planning_scene" value="true" />
  </include>

<include file="$(find fetch_moveit_config_files)/launch/moveit_rviz.launch">
    <arg name="rviz_config" value="$(find fetch_moveit_config_files)/launch/moveit.rviz"/>
  </include>

</launch>

Let me know your views on approaching this problem, also do let me know what the error “[ WARN] [1640947535.793857160, 558.405000000]: TF_REPEATED_DATA ignoring data with redundant timestamp for frame base_link at time 558.406000 according to authority unknown_publisher” mean.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes a movement can then place the robot arm in a position where it cant get out because the planner is too strict. Try modifying the moveit parameters for the precision of the movement, it might help to unstuck it. Or create a hard movement to unstuck the arm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.