Files outside of ros directory disappearing when coming back to a course

I have noticed that files created outside of the ros directory on this course will have disappeared when I return to work on the course the following day. Is there something I can do to retain them or is this intended that you complete a full unit in one sitting (or is it deleted because I logged out having been in unit 4)? For instance in Unit 3, the unit3_demos directory is gone having logged in today to Unit 4.

Thanks,
Brennan

@Carvinaxe3
You were not specific about what you mean by ros directory, or where you put the unit3_demos directory.

Your files and directories inside /home/user should be saved, unless they are very large (> 1GB).

1 Like

Hi @Carvinaxe3,

When saving the contents generated during the course, we only save the ~/.rviz folder, ~/.bashrc and ~/.vimrc files, and also the ~/catkin_ws, ~/ros2_ws and ~/webpage_ws folders.

In the course, we instruct students to save everything inside the ~/catkin_ws/src folder.

We save only these folders to keep things simple, and easier to maintain on our side.

On rosjects (not courses), however, in addition to the folders mentioned above, we save all visible folders found on /home/user, as Bayode mentioned.

#KeepPushingYourROSLearning

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.