(Quiz 1 on realbot) : are ros noetic command compatible with ros melodic commands?

Greetings,

I completed 100% of the “ROS Basics in 5 days” course, but cannot get my certification due to the fact that I didn’t test my rojects on real robot.

I connected to real Turtlebot for topic quiz rosject, but I cannot run anything. I think this is because the Turtlebot distro is melodic, but I’ve been running simulations in Noetic (unless I’m wrong). I created a new rosject with melodic distro as setting.
But same result. Not even the command : ‘roslaunch realrobotlab main.launch’ to launch gazebo simulation, work. I cannot launch any launch file.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hi,

You should not have any problems with different ROS distributions. They all use the same commands.

What do you mean when you say “for topic quiz rosject”? You should complete the project described at the end of the topics unit, not complete the topic quiz in there.

As for the command you mention, roslaunch realrobotlab main.launch, please understand that that is for launching the simulation. Since you are connected to a real robot, you don’t need a simulation.

Once you are connected to the robot, you should try requesting its topics (rostopic list) from a terminal and move it with the joystick or rosrun teleop_twist_keyboard telep_twist_keyboad.py

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.