Real Robot is not loading a web shell/joystick

Hello,
I booked a session with TurtleBot3 Lab 02-01-2024 at 21:00. the connection to the robot worked and my rosject code managed to control the robot. However, the virtual joystick does seem to appear and I couldn’t control the robot manually… the turtlebot3_teleop teleop_keyboard was not available and could not install it to the rosject. Spent the entre session trying to find a way to control the robot manually without creating a basic “teleop” package from scratch can you please advice?

Sorry about the joystick. We’ll look into it.

Are you running one of the Real Robot rosjects created by The Construct or your own rosject? Which command did you try to run for the teleop program?

I’m running the Construct’s ROS2 Basics Python Real Robot Project rosject.
I tries to run ros2 run turtlebot3_teleop teleop_keyboard, but turtlebot3_teleop package doesn’t seem to installed. couldn’t install it but running apt install command.
(I’m using Opera version: 105.0.4970.60 as browser)

Please try

ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard

in a new web shell.

If that does not work for the real robot, try this one used for the simulation:

source /opt/ros/noetic/setup.bash
source ~/simulation_ws/devel/setup.bash
rosrun turtlebot3_teleop turtlebot3_teleop_key

This time, the video feed from the real robot didn’t even start after several minutes, although the connection to the robot seem to be established (green dot on the robot icon). tried with chrome browser and got same behavior. so I couldn’t test your suggestion.

Sorry about the camera feed. There was an issue with the internet service in Spain yesterday, causing our camera streams to go down.

You can try again today. It’s back now.

Hello,
the video feed worked today and the following command worked

The virtual joystick was still not available

Thanks for the feedback.

We are working on bringing back the joystick. In the meantime, please use the teleop.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.