Real robot TF frame tree not the same as simulation (ROS2 Navigation in 5 Days course project)

The simulation has this TF frames tree (as expected):

But when I connect to the Real Robot and run ros2 run tf2_tools view_frames
it gives me this TF frames tree:

Do you know why that might be the case?

I believe I forked the rosject a few days before 18th Jan 2024. I already completed the project in the simulation and everything works perfectly.

Hi, yes this is an issue with the ros1_bridge, in charge of bridging the TurtleBot3’s ROS driver so it offers ROS 2 as well.

We are working on a fix for the bridge now.

In the meantime, selecting base_footprint as your navigation frame should allow you to use Nav2

Hi @roalgoal,

Thanks. Do you mean selecting base_footprint as the Fixed Frame? Because that does not work for me. This is what rviz looks like when I launch it (with an rviz config file that worked for the simulation):

These info logs appear in the terminal:

[planner_server-3] [INFO] [1707892003.058518158] [global_costmap.global_costmap]: Timed out waiting fortransform from base_link to map to become available, tf error: Invalid frame ID "map" passed to canTransform argument target_frame - frame does not exist
[amcl-2] [INFO] [1707892003.081487843] [amcl]: Message Filter dropping message: frame 'base_scan' at time 1707892001.503 for reason 'discarding message because the queue is full'
[rviz2-7] [INFO] [1707892003.092787424] [rviz2_node]: Message Filter dropping message: frame 'base_scan' at time 1707892001.503 for reason 'discarding message because the queue is full'

The map disappears in rviz when I select base_footprint as the Fixed Frame and I get these additional warnings:

[rviz2-7] Warning: Invalid frame ID "map" passed to canTransform argument source_frame - frame does notexist
[rviz2-7]          at line 93 in ./src/buffer_core.cpp

Here are images of my rviz where warnings or errors are shown in the Display panel:

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.