Robot semantic description not found. Did you forget to define or remap '/robot_description_semantic'?

Hello!!

I am starting with ROS and Rviz and I am having troubles to upload my launch file to Rviz. I know there is a similar question in the forum but it is not answered. I upload the package from github → /ros-industrial/kuka_experimental/tree/melodic-devel/kuka_lbr_iiwa_support

I am using ROS Noetic as it seems to be the version needed but I am not sure. Actually the package appear on a Melodic GitHub directory but then within the package it says Noetic. I am not sure about this.

The thing is that when I put this:

c:\catkin_ws>  .\devel\setup.bat (sourcing the setup.bat)

c:\catkin_ws>roslaunch kuka_lbr_iiwa_support load_lbr_iiwa_14_r820.launch

It runs OK:

… logging to C:\Users\MyUser.ros\log\e0570090-0b67-11ee-8ce6-98fa9b82fd60\roslaunch-LAPTOP-LS9MHBSO-18760.log
Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take a while.
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.
started roslaunch server http://127.0.0.1:63077/

SUMMARY

PARAMETERS

• /robot_description: <?xml version="1…
  • /rosdistro: noetic
  • /rosversion: 1.15.9

NODES

auto-starting new master
process[master]: started with pid [19132]
ROS_MASTER_URI=http://127.0.0.1:11371
setting /run_id to e0570090-0b67-11ee-8ce6-98fa9b82fd60
process[rosout-1]: started with pid [14176]
started core service [/rosout]

And in another terminal I run source again and run de rviz:

c:\catkin_ws>.\devel\setup.bat

c:\catkin_ws>rosrun rviz rviz

Rviz opens and when I add the robot state:

Nothing appears in the Rviz…

I dont know why this happens, may be it is not the ROS version the package need or may be it is because I am doing this on Windows, but the thing is that everything seems to be compatible until the last step.

Thank you very much for you time.

So what is your goal launching this file?

Do you want to visualize the robot model in rviz? Maybe it’s just a matter of adding the RobotModel element to rviz.

I can’t tell you much about your own Windows system, but it might be worth a shot trying to launch this in a rosject to look for differences.

You are also trying to launch something tagged melodic-devel in noetic, which might cause conflicts

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.