ROS Basics in 5 Days Example 5.5 "delete an object"?

Hello,

I noticed that in the ROS Basics in 5 Days course, Unit 6 discusses the following: “Example 5.5, where you had to perform calls to a service in order to delete an object in the simulation?” Can someone clarify what it is talking about in terms of deleting an object? The only reference to deleting an object in the previous unit is at the very end of unit 5, but I don’t remember any other part of unit 5 talking about this. Is there some kind of error in the content of the notebook? I noticed that some unit numbers in the solutions of unit 5 seemed disconnected and the discussion in unit 5 seems to have been recently updated but in some cases is a little hard to understand. Perhaps this section of ROS Basics needs some proof reading.

Hello @rschmalenberg,

That’s an error in the notebook, it makes reference to an old version of the course (and previous notebook). I’ve updated that section in order to make reference to the current version of the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Best,

this language is still showing up - both at the very end of exercise 5 (Summary) but also in exercise 6 (example 6.7)

So, for instance, let’s do a flashback to the previous chapter. Do you remember Example 5.5, where you had to perform calls to a service in order to delete an object in the simulation? Well, for that case, you were passing the name of the object to delete to the Service Server in a variable called model_name.