Ros2 bridge galactic stops with goal point and problems passing from sim to real

Hello,

I tried the new real robot option that is compatible with ros2 galactic for my nav2 rosject.

I have everything that works fine with the sim. The localization and the path planning. As you can see in my rviz the global and local costmaps are displayed.

When I pass to the real robot it stops working correctly. I made a video but I can’t upload it so here are some captures.

To begin rviz2 doesn’t display the costmaps. It says that no maps where received but I didn’t change anything and everything is running. (it’s the same rviz config file)

Then the second problem is it doesn’t matter how I send a goal it starts moving correctly and then ros bridge stops saying that a shutdown request was made by the user but I don’t touch anything.
If launch again the bridge the robot continues the trajectory that it had planned until the bridge crashes again.

This is how I launch the bridge

source ~/catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash
roslaunch load_params load_params.launch
source /opt/ros/galactic/setup.bash
ros2 run ros1_bridge parameter_bridge

Thank you in advance for your help

Hi,

The costmaps not showing is an rviz2 issue for remote connections. I doesn’t affect your setup as it is only for visualization. You should receive the topics if you echo them in the terminal.

As for the bridge shutdown, it seems like the velocity limit we have implemented also affects Nav2 commands after this latest upgrade.

I will disable it and that should prevent the Shutdown request received.

Thank you for letting us know about this limitation.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.