Running python script inside notebook

About 1/2 way through Unit 2 there is a reference to launching a python script inside the notebook. I don’t see how to do this. I this a Jupyter thing that needs to be launched?

quote:
“You can execute this Python script by clicking on it (select the cell) and then clicking on the play button on the top right-hand corner of the IPython notebook.”

Hi @JohnRJennings,

Welcome to our community and thanks for reporting this.

We used to serve the text you read in the course through Jupyter Notebooks, but a few weeks ago we started transitioning to serve it directly in HTML format.

The quote that you mentioned reminds us that some notebooks still need some revision in the text to avoid references to “iPython Notebooks”.

While we work on reviewing, you can just “ignore” the parts that ask you to run Jupyter Notebook cells. Or you could also manually create a file in ~/catkin_ws/src/your_file.py and put the content there, and run it with python my_file.py, for example.

Once again, thank you very much for reporting it. Feel free to report any other issues you may find, either in the platform on in the content of the courses.

Keep pushing your ROS Learning.