Unit 2: Missing module "setuptools" in setup.py

Hi together,

i’m pretty new to ROS hence doing this course. I got basic Python coding skills and just a little Unix experience. While following the curse i encountered an error after exercise 2.1 where one has to create the launch file and compile the package etc. to finally launch said file.

In the setup.py that i copied from the course I get an error that the module setuptools (from setuptools import setup) could not be resolved.
Including setuptools in the dependencies of the package didnt resolve this issue either. I also tried installing setuptools from what I found on a different Topic with “pip install setuptools==56.2.00” or some version like that. Nothing helped yet so i came here in hope to find a solution.

P.S. that screenshot is taken AFTER deleting all the directories etc. and some trouble shooting. So just saying I had the same error while following and copying all prompts 1:1 from the course.

Please ignore that import error as long as it does not stop your code from running. Sometimes Pylance is confused and that error clears with time.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.