UNIT4 - Services Quiz - gradebot can't compile. Messes with my files!

Hello,
I made the final services quiz exercies. Everything works fine. I submit to the Gradebot. This happens:

Maybe it is because the server was still running when I submitted.
I don’t understand the Grabot feedback, everything worked fine for me. So, I tried to compile again. And it doesn’t work anymore. I got this:

[1.417s] ERROR:colcon.colcon_ros.task.ament_python.build:Failed to find the following files:
- /home/user/ros2_ws/install/custom_interfaces/share/custom_interfaces/package.sh
Check that the following packages have been built:
- custom_interfaces
Failed   <<< services_quiz [0.04s, exited with code 1]

Same for the movement_pkg

So I delete ros2_ws/install, build, log
I compile the custome interface.
I compile everything again.
Everything works fine.
I submit again.
Same thing happens again.

Could someone take a look a this issue ?

Thank you

Are you using the custom_interfaces package for the quiz (as a dependency? If so, please remove it. You may wish to go over the packages again to clarify.

We only expect you to use these two packages, mentioned in the gradebot message:

• services_quiz
  • services_quiz_srv (you create your custom service message here and add it as a dependency of services_quiz)

For gradebot to compile your packages successfully, you need to be able to run the following:

cd ~/ros2_ws
rm -rf build/ install/ log/
colcon build --packages-select services_quiz services_quiz_srv

Problem solved.

I don’t know why but it works. I removed the custom_interfaces dependency and it works.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.