Initial_positions.yaml : No such file or directory

In chapter 2, section 2.4 “Basic Motion Planning”, the execution of the command: “ros2 launch my_moveit_config move_group.launch.py”
I get the following error:

[ERROR] [launch]: Caught exception in launch (see debug for traceback): Caught exception when trying to load file of format [py]: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/simulations/ros2_sims_ws/install/ur_description/share/ur_description/urdf/initial_positions.yaml’
when evaluating expression ‘xacro.load_yaml(initial_positions_file)’

I’ve run the configuration procedure on moveit 2 times, but I get the same error. I’m probably missing a step, but I can’t see where. Any ideas?

I did the configuration a third time, the previous error disappeared, but I get the following one:
[ERROR] [launch]: Caught exception in launch (see debug for traceback): Caught exception when trying to load file of format [py]: No such key: ‘shoulder_pan_joint’
when evaluating expression ‘initial_positions[‘shoulder_pan_joint’]’

sorry it’s an error, i copied the file initial_positions.yaml in the directory /home/simulations/ros2_sims_ws/install/ur_description/share/ur_description/urdf/. Without that the first error persists.

Hello @pzanne ,

What URDF file are you using for creating the package? I’ve just tested all the steps in Unit 2 and I’ve been able to create the Moveit2 package correctly. Could not reproduce this error.

Hello,
I purged the ros2_ws directory and repeated the procedure. I don’t understand what changed (because I did the same steps as Friday), but now it works.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.