RLException: [turtlebot3_fake.launch] is neither a launch file in package [turtlebot3_fake] nor is [turtlebot3_fake] a launch file nameThe traceback for the exception was written to the log file

After finishing a couple of courses on the platform, this is the first time I try to execute packages on my shell. Idk why this isn’t working.
I got this error when I tried to roslaunch the turtlebot3_package
None of the other solution helped me . I tried to source as said using source devel/setup.bash but that didn’t work.

I think the package isn’t even recognized because :

did you give it execute permissions?

Yes I did that to the python file in that package: chmod +x py_file_name.py

i think you need to do chmod for the launch file too. Because the launch file is not being detected as executable file.

I Tried it as well , but didn’t work :confused:

I think it’s even the package not being detected : that’s what i thought when i listed the packages using rospack command

if you recently installed TB3 pkg did you update and then upgrade in terminal and try even restarting linux because I’ve faced similar issues.

i cloned it from a git repo and the compiled everything using catkin_make . But yeah I think it’s not even compiled because the command catkin_make --only-pkg-with-deps turtlebot3_fake didn’t work. Why does even the specified path does not exist?

I did source again and again until it worked , now the packages are recognized.

1 Like