Undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute

Hi, so i’ve been trying to use moveit2 from the course to move a real UR10 we have at the university.
I had no problem running the trajectory.cpp but today all of a sudden i am getting undefined references to the execute that is part of the move group interface.

I have quadrouple checked it and i can’t figure out why i am getting an error.

Finished <<< ati_reader [1.81s]
— stderr: moveit2_scripts
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/testcompile.dir/src/testcompile.cpp.o: in function main': testcompile.cpp:(.text.startup+0x628): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)’
/usr/bin/ld: testcompile.cpp:(.text.startup+0x705): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status gmake[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/testcompile.dir/build.make:367: testcompile] Error 1 gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:193: CMakeFiles/testcompile.dir/all] Error 2 gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... /home/frix/Documents/FTMassEstimation/src/moveit2_scripts/src/pnp.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’: /home/frix/Documents/FTMassEstimation/src/moveit2_scripts/src/pnp.cpp:60:8: warning: variable ‘success’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable] 60 | bool success = (move_group.plan(my_plan) == moveit::core::MoveItErrorCode::SUCCESS); | ^~~~~~~ /usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/pnp.dir/src/pnp.cpp.o: in function main’:
pnp.cpp:(.text.startup+0x624): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)' /usr/bin/ld: pnp.cpp:(.text.startup+0x70d): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)’
/usr/bin/ld: pnp.cpp:(.text.startup+0x7ee): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)' /usr/bin/ld: pnp.cpp:(.text.startup+0x890): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)’
/usr/bin/ld: pnp.cpp:(.text.startup+0x96d): undefined reference to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)' /usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/pnp.dir/src/pnp.cpp.o:pnp.cpp:(.text.startup+0xa47): more undefined references to moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::execute(moveit::planning_interface::MoveGroupInterface::Plan const&)’ follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/pnp.dir/build.make:367: pnp] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:167: CMakeFiles/pnp.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2

Failed <<< moveit2_scripts [8.06s, exited with code 2]

Well, it looks like it’s a problem with your source files. You can try to recompile if you think the source files are okay:

cd ros2_ws   # or whatever your ros2 workspace is
rm -rf build/ devel/ log/
colcon build
source install/setup.bash

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.